Winds of Latisseax

Some stories have their own music to embrace you even tighter. This is one of those.
~Please read with the music below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRVcx22zII&list=PLEB7E5321701E66DB

...

There... The west winds start again. All the way from the unholy lands... Cold and savage... Yet hopeful somehow. Carries the smell of all those lost... and gone forever. And yet, it's bringing something back. Something dark, something black...

I wish these idle old fingers danced on my old parchment as they once used to... I wish I could tell you all that a wind could bring in the glimpse of a tiny second... I wish... I wish I could help you taste the bitterness of its dark unknown secrets. It's sadness, it's loneliness, it's death.

Have you ever smelt death? And I mean, not the rot... The very last slow seconds before life escapes. The smell of the essence of life that bursts with a final try to survive... It's bittersweet... Unlike what people always think, death does not smell bad. It smells so sweet, with a pinch of bitterness of the helplessness...

I, on the other hand, have been walking these lands for a far too long time now... Disguised as a poor old man decades ago, until time challenged me to actually become one. And I did... Two old, weak legs and a steady but fearful heart beating inside me. I am almost a century old now... And what I can say I've learnt is... well, people are wrong. They have been wrong the whole time... Black or white, yes or no, dark or light, death or life... There has never been a difference... We would have never known darkness if there was no light. We would never have to say yes if there were no other thing to say. We would never understand the contrast if we didn't know two colors... We would never understand life if we did not die...

So... unless you think a rope is in fact two things because it has a beginning and an end, you cannot defend any of the things we see are opposites. Death is life. The most exquisite explanation of it. And light, is dark. Light makes you blink, even blind... 

Almost a century old now, and I can see all of these by just the smell of the winds... I am old. But I know there are many things older than me here. And I hope they all know what I see here... In these so called bright, yet pretty dark and unholy lands... Latissa... My final home. My tomb, probably. With all her secrets and lies, I became a hopeless romantic for her...




Mastema - 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad Doom of a Dark Soul

SİGİL KIZILI

Demons of Us.